Have you ever had banana leather before? If you haven’t, it’s about time that you try making it at home.
Don’t worry, though, it won’t take many ingredients or tools, so you can make it anytime you have some free time.
Make This Banana Leather For a Healthy Fruit Snack
Bring out all those bananas!
Bananas are a sweet and dense fruit, so they make for a satisfying snack, but they are also very nutritious.
This fruit is high in vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin B6, vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium.
So, bring out your bananas, and cut them into small pieces. Then blend them in a food processor or regular blender until they are pureed down.
Is that it?
That’s almost it. Now, you have to dehydrate the fruit into a long fruit roll-up or leather.
To do this, make sure your oven is warm at 175 degrees F (79 C). Spread the banana puree on a parchment-lined baking sheet or a nonstick cookie sheet.
Make sure there are no big chunks, as it can make your banana leather too thick or crunchy. Once the puree is evenly spread out, place it in the oven, and bake for about 2-3 hours.
Check your fruit leather constantly, as this isn’t an even process, so they may take less or longer time.
Once done, take the banana out of the oven and allow it to cool down. You can then cut into long strips using a pizza cutter or kitchen shears.
Make sure there are no wet or unstable parts, as this is a sign that the fruit needs more time in the oven.
Finally, keep your banana fruit leather, wrapped in sealed plastic or an airtight container. Now, you are ready to enjoy a tasty, energetic treat every day!
4 ripe bananas, peeled, cut
- Pre-heat oven to 175 F (79 C).
- Grease rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Use an immersion blender or a food processor to puree the banana until it’s smooth and there are no large pieces.
- Once smooth transfer the puree into your baking sheet and spread it using a spatula. Make sure it’s evenly spread.
- Bake it at 175 F (80 C) for 2 1/2 – 3 hours or until you can easily lift it off the pan, by then it should be elastic but not wet.
- Sometimes you’d notice parts on the edges are already cooked but the center isn’t, simply cut those parts and put the baking sheet back into the oven.
- Cut into shapes or strips using kitchen shears or a pizza cutter.