This freezer-friendly baked pork chop is a simple yet filling meal that will remind you of grandma’s home cooking. It only requires a few steps, and all you need to do is shake your bag to coat the pork. Serve this tasty baked pork chop with mashed potatoes, green beans, asparagus, sautéed mushrooms, or even roasted potatoes.
To prepare this baked pork chop, you need cooking spray, all-purpose flour, salt, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, milk, egg, panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and pork chops.
Save Time With This Freezer-Friendly Baked Pork Chop
If you need to, switch things up to add other ingredients. Try using olive oil, almond flour, cumin, dried oregano, dried basil, dried thyme, minced garlic, half and half, coconut milk, regular breadcrumbs, shredded Italian mix cheese, pork loin, pork ribs, chicken, or turkey.
The key to making this dish is to mix everything in separate bowls. I start with the flour, salt, paprika, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a small bowl. I then mix the milk and egg in a medium-sized bowl. In the third bowl, I then combined the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
You will then need to line up the bowls in order. Dip every pork chop in each bowl, making sure it is coated thoroughly. Place your chops on the baking sheet, and bake them for about half an hour, or until the pork is brown.
Freezing and Unfreezing the Pork Chop
If you want to refrigerate the pork chops, let them cool down, and then place them in an airtight container. You can keep them in the fridge for about four days, and be sure to reheat them in the oven or microwave.
To freeze these chops, you should prepare the recipe as directed, but do not bake them. Place the coated chops in your airtight container or bag, but be sure to divide them so they do no stick together. Freeze them for up to eight months, and then follow instructions for cooking.
Freezer-Friendly Baked Pork ChopCourse: Main MealCuisine: Freezer-Friendly
6 pork chops
1 large egg
3/4 cup (96g) all purpose flour
3/4 cup (96g) grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup (64g) panko bread crumbs
2 tbps 2% milk
1 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp grocery bought seasoning
1/8 tsp garlic powder
Cooking oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (177 C).
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking oil.
- Whisk the flour, seasoning salt, paprika, seasoning and garlic powder in a bowl, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and milk.
- In another bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Line up the bowls from left to right: seasoning mixture, egg mixture, and bread crumb mixture
- Coat the pork chop with the seasoning mixture.
- Then dip the coated pork chop into the egg mixture.
- Finish the coating in the bread crumbs mixture.
- Place the coated pork chops on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake them for 35 mins, until brown and the internal temperature reaches 145 F (63 C).
- Best served with white rice.
Looking to try another easy and amazing freezer-friendly meal recipe? Check out this Freezer-Friendly Creole Gumbo recipe!