This freezer-friendly buttered pork tenderloin is a fantastic mix of sweet and savory. I love the mix of apples with pork, but if you have not tried it before, do not fret! I promise that this dish is surprisingly good and also easy to prepare.
You can serve this apple butter pork tenderloin with asparagus, green beans, fingerling potatoes, mashed potatoes, or even grilled vegetables.
Make This Freezer-Friendly Buttered Pork Tenderloin To Wow Everyone
For this dish, I like to use apple butter, apple cider vinegar, honey, garlic, cinnamon, pork tenderloin, olive oil, and fresh thyme.
If you need to, use other ingredients too. Try cored, peeled, and sliced apples, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic powder, allspice, pork loin, pork chops, pork ribs, dry thyme, and dry oregano.
I suggest you cut your pork tenderloin into 1-inch portions, which will help make it tender and juicy. Preheat your oven first, and then mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl. These include apple butter, vinegar, honey, garlic, and cinnamon.
Make sure to coat your tenderloin with olive oil and thyme. Brown it over the rest of the olive oil until it looks golden on each side. This step is key to seal the juices and allow the meat to remain flavorful.
You can then bake the pork with the apple mixture for about 20 minutes, or until it is no longer pink inside.
Allow the meal to cool down before storing it in the fridge. You can keep it refrigerated for about four days. To eat it later, microwave it or heat it in the oven.
Freezing and Unfreezing the Pork Tenderloin
If you need to freeze it, coat the pork tenderloin, but do not cook it. Store it in an airtight container. Separately, mix the sauce ingredients, and keep them labeled as well. Everything can last up to eight months in the freezer. Follow the instructions when you are ready to cook this super delicious dish.
Freezer-Friendly Apple Butter Pork TenderloinCourse: Main MealCuisine: Diabetes-Friendly, Heart-Friendly, Gluten-Free
1 lb (454 g) pork tenderloin, sliced to 1 inch thick portion
1/4 cup (32 g) unsweetened apple butter
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil and another 1/4 tsp olive oil
1 tsp fresh thyme
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (204 C)
- Mix apple butter, vinegar, honey, garlic and cinnamon in a bowl, then set aside.
- Coat the tenderloin with 1/4 tsp olive oil.
- Sprinkle them with thyme.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet medium-high heat until it shimmers.
- Sear the tenderloin for 2 minutes on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove the tenderloin from the skillet and place them on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Spoon the apple butter mixture over the tenderloins.
- Cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Bake them for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 F (63 C).
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking to try another easy and amazing freezer-friendly meal recipe? Check out this Freezer Berry Pancakes!