These freezer-friendly Frittatas are the perfect meal that will save you time and effort any day. You should not think of this meal as only a breakfast item, as it can also be a meal for lunch or dinner.
Make These Freezer-Friendly Frittatas Any Time!
Gather your ingredients!
To make these freezer-friendly frittatas, you will want to use oil, onions, thyme, paprika, potatoes, tomatoes, eggs, and creme fraiche. You can replace these ingredients if needed. Some good options include sweet potatoes, Yukon gold, or fingerling potatoes. You can also replace the oil for butter and the onions with scallions. You can also use other spices, like cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. As for the creme fraiche, replace it with cream cheese, or even sour cream.
To make this dish, you will also need 8-10 ramekins, or an 8-10 hole muffin tin. Cook the rest of the ingredients in the meantime, but keep the creme fraiche and eggs aside until you are ready to whisk them.
Place the vegetable mix in each ramekin or muffin hole and pour the egg mixture on top. After about 20 minutes, you should have your frittatas ready.
Freezing and Unfreezing The Frittatas
Remember to cool down your frittatas before you freeze them. Place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and keep it frozen for as long as you need.
To use your frozen frittatas, bake it for 20 minutes wrapped in foil at 375 degrees F. You can also defrost it in your fridge and heat it in the oven afterward for a shorter period.
Serve these yummy frittatas accompanied with some hot sauce, ham, cheese, and parsley. This meal can be an energizing breakfast, snack, lunch, or dinner. Do not ever worry about having to whisk something up last minute.
Freezer-Friendly FrittatasCourse: Main MealCuisine: Freezer-Friendly
An easy breakfast dish that is definitely going to become a favorite in your home!
Prepare 4 servings for now and 4 for the freezer.
2 tbsp oil
2 spring onions, chopped finely
2 garlic cloves, grated or chopped finely
1 tbsp dried thyme
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 large potato, either sweet or white, sliced into 1 cm cubes
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp creme fraiche
- Preheat your oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Grease and line your ramekins or muffin tin with parchment paper. Allow overhang at the top.
- Using a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add in the spring onions, thyme, garlic and smoked parika.
- Cook for about 30 seconds or so, until the aroma is released.
- Add in the potato, tomatoes and other vegetables.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the spinach towards the end of the cooking time.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a jug, whisk the eggs with the creme fraiche.
- Add in the ham and cheese along with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin holes or ramekins.
- Gently pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve and enjoy!
Can’t get enough freezer-friendly recipes? Get a load of this Spicy Pulled Pork!