Who doesn’t like the sound of instant pot bacon? The truth is, there is nothing better than having bacon in everything and anything. The possibilities are endless! One of my favorite dishes is a bacon cheeseburger sloppy Joe. Sounds good, right? With this recipe, you’ll take no time to make your favorite dishes.
You Will Love This Instant Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joe!
Having an instant pot at home makes it possible to cook everything within minutes and having delicious results in no time.
To prepare this instant pot bacon, all you need is the bacon and your favorite oil; I prefer olive oil or canola oil. First, you’ll want to use the sauté function to get the grease going and the pan-frying started.
For smaller cuts of bacon, this process will take about 3 minutes, but for thicker pieces, plan to sauté for at least 8 to 10 minutes.
If you don’t have any fresh bacon, you could always prepare frozen cuts. Just make sure to separate all the bits and pieces and plan to cook them for longer while they thaw.
Once your bacon is ready, you are ready to prepare anything else you like. If the bacon cheeseburger sloppy Joe sounds good, then prepare your ground beef, onions, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, yellow mustard, cornstarch, cheddar cheese, and of course, your hamburger buns.
You can make these delicious sloppy Joes in your instant pot, and it should only take you about 15 minutes! The best part of making your instant pot bacon right then and there is that you use the grease and brown bits to add more flavor to the rest of your ingredients.
Be sure to serve this with warm hamburger buns and maybe some fries! You could make this instant pot bacon anytime and save it for later use, like in salads, sauces, hot dogs, and more!
Instant Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joe
1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
6 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 small onion, finely diced
1/2 cup (120 ml) beef broth
1/4 cup (60 ml) ketchup
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp yellow mustard
2 tbsp cold water
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 1/2 cup (192 g) shredded cheddar
6 brioche burger buns, toasted
- Add ground beef to the Instant pot.
- Select SAUTE function in the display panel and adjust to high.
- Brown the beef until no pink remains. Drain fat.
- Place browned meat on a shallow dish and loosely cover with foil.
- Cook bacon in pot until it crisps.
- Remove bacon and set aside on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Saute onions on the bacon drippings for about 3 minutes, until soft.
- Add broth to the pot.
- Return ground beef back into the pot.
- Add ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Turn pot off then secure lid. Ensure vent is closed.
- Select PRESSURE COOK function from the display panel and program the pot for 5 minutes.
- Once time is up, quick-release pressure.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl. Stir until thickened.
- Add in bacon and cheese.
- Serve on toasted buns.