An instant pot beef sandwich sounds like the perfect lunch, so why not try it yourself? I love this recipe because of how tasty it is, but also how quick and easy it is to make. You can change the meat if you feel like eating something leaner, and it won’t change the flavor too much. Give your kids or family a taste of this sandwich and see how much they are going to love it.
This Instant Pot Beef Sandwich Is The Perfect Lunch Idea
If you want to prepare this sandwich, you will need roast beef, soy sauce, beef bouillon, black peppercorns, dry rosemary, and garlic. As with other recipes, you can always substitute some of the ingredients. Use things like stew meat, chicken, pork, tamari sauce, beef or chicken broth, black pepper, dry oregano, and powdered garlic.
Before you start cooking, I suggest you cut the fat off the roast beef as much as you can. Once you are done, place it in your instant pot. Separately, you should mix the marinade ingredients, which include soy sauce, bouillon, peppercorns, rosemary, and garlic.
Add the mixture to the pot and add water as well. Cook at high pressure for 35 minutes, but keep in mind that you may need more or less time, depending on the amount and cut of meat you decide to use.
Once the time is up, release the pressure. When it is safe to do so, open the pot and shred the meat with a fork. Serve this tasty meat on a hamburger bun with some coleslaw.
Freezing and Unfreezing the Beef Sandwich
If you are not ready to eat this sandwich, you can always save it for later. Place your meat without the fat in a freezer bag along with the mixed marinade. Store in the freezer after you label the container. To enjoy this meal, follow the instructions as directed above but add an extra 10 minutes of cooking.
Instant Pot Beef SandwichCourse: General RecipeCuisine: Freezer-Friendly, Instant Pot
2 lbs (approx. 900 g) quarter beef roast
1/3 cup (80 ml) soy sauce
1/2 tsp bouillon, beef, granules
1 tsp black peppercorns
1 1/2 tsp rosemary, dried
1/2 tsp minced garlic cloves
- Directions for Cooking
- Remove as much fat off the roast as possible and place it in your Instant pot.
- Combine soy sauce, bouillon, peppercorns, rosemary, and garlic.
- Pour the mixture onto the roast.
- Add enough water to cover the roast in the instant pot.
- Secure cover into place and seal steam nozzle.
- Pressure cook on high for 35 minutes.
- Release pressure.
- Shred the roast with a fork and serve on hamburger buns.
- Directions for Cooking from Frozen
- Put frozen contents into your Instant pot.
- Add enough water to cover the roast beef.
- Secure cover into place and seal the steam nozzle.
- Pressure cook on high for 45 minutes.
- Release pressure naturally for 5 minutes then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Shred with a fork and serve on hamburger buns.
Looking to try another tasty Instant pot dish? Why not give this Instant Pot Lasagna a go?