This instant pot zucchini is not only the perfect side dish, but also a truly tasty vegetable dish that goes well with anything. If you like zucchini as much as I do, then you know that finding ways to prepare it can be quite an adventure. Now that you have an instant pot, why not try your favorite vegetable here?
An Instant Pot Zucchini Takes Little Time And Is Delicious
For this dish, I like to prepare my zucchini in quarters, about half to a-third inch in size, which is just what a bite-size piece should be. Before I cook zucchini, I like to toss some salt on it, taking some of the natural bitterness away.
As with any other vegetables, zucchini is very easy to make. The trick to preparing it is that you don’t let it overcook. Set your instant pot to steam mode and put 2 minutes on it at most. If you have a steamer basket, you can use it for this dish, as it will save you draining off the water afterward.
When it comes to seasoning, this instant pot zucchini is open to everything, so feel free to add anything you like. I like to add Italian seasoning, Himalayan salt, red pepper flakes, butter, or olive oil. If you are trying to make things even more interesting, combine some roasted red peppers or sun-dried tomatoes, and maybe some fried capers.
This instant pot zucchini goes perfectly with a good bowl of pasta, as a side-dish for steak or fish, or in a grilled vegetable platter. You can also add a bit of meat during the cooking process by using the sauté function, which will create more crunch, and turn your side-dish into a complete meal in just a few more minutes.
What are you waiting for? This instant pot zucchini is affordable, easy, and delicious!
Instant Pot Zucchini
3 large zucchini, sliced
2 oz (56 g) parmesan cheese shredded
1 piece shallot, minced
1 1/4 (approx. 300 ml) cups milk
2 tbsp flour
2 cups (approx. 470 ml) water
- Add a cup of water to your instant pot.
- Place sliced zucchini in the steamer basket then lower it into the instant pot.
- Pressure cook for 1 minute on high setting.
- Once done, quick-release the pressure then turn off instant pot.
- Drain the pot.
- Place zucchini on a kitchen towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer zucchini to a casserole dish.
- Add 2 oz (56 g) of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Add zucchini and cheese in alternating layers.
- Heat butter in the pot. Add in shallots.
- Stir in 2 tbsp of flour.
- Add 1 1/4 cups (approx. 300 ml) of milk then stir.
- Pour mixture into the zucchini, spread using a spoon.
- Cover with foil.
- Add a cup of water to the instant pot.
- Use steam rack to lower caserole dish into the pot.
- Pressure cook for 20 minutes on high setting.
- Quick-release pressure then turn off instant pot.
- Remove zucchini then drain the pot.
- Add remaining cheese to zucchini.
- Place casserole dish back into the pot using the steam rack.
- Cover pot with the instant pot’s air fryer lid and then air fry zucchini for 8 minutes at 400 F (204 C)
- Remove from pot.
- Serve and enjoy!