Making strawberry leather at home isn’t hard at all, and there are several reasons to do it.
Try this recipe before you give up, you’ll see that this is the best snack for kids and adults equally.
There Are Many Reasons Why You Need Strawberry Leather In Your Pantry
Strawberries are very healthy!
For one, strawberries are one of those old fruits that don’t get old. They are very sweet, but also high in vitamins and minerals.
Strawberries are high in vitamin C, folate, potassium, magnesium, and fiber. This fruit is also not too high in sugar, so it makes for a balanced snack.
However, strawberries are high in water, so it is common for them to go bad after a few days.
In this case, you can turn your strawberries into a delicious treat without letting them go bad.
Let’s start cooking!
To make sure that the fruit absorbs all the flavors, place the sugar, lemon juice, and fruit in a blender together. While you do this, preheat the oven to 170 degrees F.
The fruit should be mushy and in puree form so that your fruit leather comes out smooth and dehydrates evenly.
Spread the pureed fruit evenly on a lined cookie tray or baking sheets, making sure the fruit is smooth.
Let the strawberry puree dry for about 3 hours, but check on it regularly because it may dry quicker.
Once you are sure that the fruit is dry, let it sit out and cool down. You can cut it into long strips with a pizza cutter, scissors, or a knife.
Finally, you can wrap the strawberry fruit leather in parchment or wax paper. For a better storage solution, keep it in an airtight container.
What are you waiting for? It’s time to get those summer fruits and make them into flavorful and cool snacks.
Strawberry Fruit Leather
4 – 4 1/2 cup (512 g – 576 g) strawberries, peeled
1/2 cup (64 g) white sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 F (76 C).
- Line silicone baking mats on two 12 x 17 inch (30 x 43 cm) rimmed baking pans.
- Mix ingredients together until it’s smooth. Use strainer to remove seeds.
- Pour the mixture into the two pans and create an even layer using an offset spatula.
- Bake for 2-3 hours or just until the leather stops being sticky. Rotate the pans and swap levels halfway through.
- Transfer to a cutting board and slice into shapes and sizes you like.
- Wrap with wax paper or parchment and store in an airtight container.