A Freezer Pizza That You Will Fall In Love With
When I talk about a freezer pizza, I mean a delicious treat you make yourself and enjoy at any time. If you like simplicity and pizza, then you will love this recipe too, because you can choose what goes in and when.
To start, gather the ingredients. You will need flour, fast-acting yeast, salt, sugar, extra-virgin olive oil, tomato sauce, and mozzarella. You can also add other toppings, including chili flakes, ham, rocket, basil leaves, mushrooms, olives, onions, and more.
All you have to do is first mix the main dry ingredients in a bowl, and then you can make a well in the center and pour warm water and olive oil. Bring together everything by stirring and then begin kneading. Make sure to dust your hands with flour to prevent the flour from sticking.
After 5 minutes, you can cover the bowl with a towel and leave it to expand for 15 minutes. Once this time is over, you can start dividing the dough into 8 balls and roll them out on a surface.
Now that your pizza is ready, you can place them all on baking sheets and start topping with your chosen ingredients. Finally, all that is left to do is to bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and melted.
Save these pizzas for any day, all you need to do is freeze them once cool. This is a great idea that can save you time and effort during a weekday, on a weekend or any time you need to cook quickly.
I love making these pizzas ahead of time and saving them for later, as they always preserve well and the flavor stays fresh. Add as many toppings as you want and enjoy!
Freezing the Pizza
If you wish to freeze the pizza, just follow the steps until step 9, and keep the pizza on the parchment paper and double wrap it, including the parchment paper with foil and then place it into a resealable freezer bag.
Unfreezing the Pizza
Remove pizza from the freezer bag and unwrap the foil. Leave the parchment paper underneath. bake in an oven that is preheated to 220 C (428 F) for about 10-15 minutes, until it’s cooked through.
4 cups (500 g) plain flour, with extra for dusting
2 tsp fast-action dried yeast
2 tsp sea salt flakes
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
8 tbsp tomato sauce or tomato passata
2 large balls of mozzarella, shredded
- Topping Options
smudges of ‘nduja
- Pre-heat the oven to 220oC (427oF).
- Prepare baking trays lined with baking parchment.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make a hole in the center and pour in 300g (1.3 cups) of warm water, together with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Stir to make a wet dough.
- Dust your hands with flour. Then, knead the dough for about 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Cover the bowl with tea towel. Set aside to rest for 15 minutes.
- Make 8 balls out of the dough. Then on a floured surface, roll out each one as thin as possible.
- Place the pizza base on the lined baking trays. Put your choice of toppings.
- Cook through, about 8-10 minutes, until the cheese topping is bubbling and golden.
- Serve and enjoy!