If you are tight on time, why not try this instant pot asparagus? Having an instant pot really does solve the time factor and makes cooking your favorite foods easy.
Asparagus is a delicious treat, but not necessarily easy to cook, but this recipe saves you time and effort.
Instant Pot Asparagus? It’s A Must-Try Side Dish
To make this dish, you will need water, asparagus, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, butter, garlic, and honey. You can replace the lemon juice with lime juice, or a little bit of white wine vinegar, or even apple cider vinegar.
Feel free to also add more spices, like chili flakes, paprika, or parsley.
These asparagus taste delicious either way, so you can even make a creamy sauce or thick gravy. I recommend you serve these with fish, like salmon, or as a side dish for steak night.
The wonderful thing about an instant pot is that you only need to place the ingredients in and hit a button, and that’s it! While your instant pot is building up the pressure, it will steam the asparagus, so you could even set the time for one minute or less.
If you like to use olive oil, this option works well, but other oils like grape seed, avocado, canola, or sunflower oil work well, too. You can also add a little Parmesan cheese on top at the end.
When you want to make the asparagus sweeter, use honey or maple syrup for a sweet touch.
After you cook your asparagus, it can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can then reheat them in the oven for about 5 minutes, but avoid the microwave if possible so they don’t become mushy.
Enjoy this instant pot asparagus recipe this holiday season, whether it is with a good piece of salmon, as a side dish to your steak, or as part of your vegetarian spread.
Instant Pot Asparagus
2/3 lb (300 g) salmon filet, patted dry, sliced into 2 equal pieces
1 1/2 tbsp garlic, minced
2/3 lb (300 g) asparagus
2 tsp honey
1 piece small lemon, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbsp butter, sliced into pieces
- Coat salmon fillets with garlic
- Arrange half of the asparagus on a large piece of foil. Top them with one piece of the salmon.
- Pour a teaspoon of honey then top the salmon with half the lemon slices and half the red pepper flakes.
- Add in half the butter.
- Close the foil then seal it by crimping the edges.
- Do the same with the second filet.
- Pour a cup of water on your instant pot and insert the steam rack.
- Place the foil packets onto the steam rack then secure lid. Ensure the vent is closed.
- Select steam function on the display panel of your instant pot. Program the pot for 4 minutes. If your salmon filets are thin, reduce the time to 3 minutes.
- Once time is up, quick release the pressure on the pot.
- Remove the foil packets and then open them immediately to stop the cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper.